May 19, 2013

What did Shaw think?

Tucker defensive lineman Elisha Shaw understands the recruiting procession as well as any recruit in the country.

The 6-foot-6 300pounder knows that when you have almost every top school in the country coming after you, making a decision is going to be tough.

In order to help him sort out things in his own mind, Shaw has taken multiple visits to his top two schools, Alabama and Georgia, and this weekend was another chance for the four-star prospect to visit the Bulldogs.

According to Shaw, the visit went well.

"It went great," Shaw said. "It is just another reason why Georgia is so high up there. That is why Georgia and Alabama are so high up there for me."

This visit to Athens was a chance for Shaw to spend time with current Bulldogs.

"I had a lot of time to chill with the players," he said. "I hung out with a lot of the players. We walked around the school and talked a lot with the coaches. They treated me very well."

One of the players that hosted Shaw was a fellow Tucker standout and UGA outside linebacker Josh Dawson.

Shaw says that Dawson and the other players had a simple message for him.

"I was with Josh Blake (Tibbs), Sheldon (Dawson), and some other players," Shaw said. "It was great. We talked about a lot of stuff. They were telling me that I am a big time player and that they want me there, but not to listen to everyone. They told me to follow my heart."

The Bulldogs and the Crimson Tide have been the top two for Shaw for quite some time, and the Rivals100 defender named Alabama his leader after he visited Tuscaloosa for the A-Day Spring scrimmage.

Nothing has changed in that regard but Shaw does say that the race is a tight one right now.

"The more and more I think about some stuff, I think that I could move either one of them (UGA or Bama) up on top, but Bama is my leader," he said.

When it comes to making a decision, Shaw has said on multiple occasions that he would wait until the U.S. Army All-American game to make a commitment, but recent reports have stated that he could decide to end his recruitment a little sooner.

Shaw, however, anticipates that his decision will be a tough one and that has him feeling as if he will wait until January to make a pledge.

"I'm going to wait it out because obviously this is going to be a hard decision to make for me," he said.

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!